MARK YOUR CALENDAR!VICTORIA PHOENIX WALKING FESTIVALVictoria, British Columbia, Canada
May 3 - 5, 2019
GREEK COMMUNITY CENTRE
4648 Elk Lake Drive, Victoria BC V8Z 5M1
opens at 8:00 am Friday and closes at 3:00 pm on Sunday
What is happening! - update August 5th, 2018
- Additional walks added to the weekend
- Seven walks will be available
every day with 5, 6, 10, 11 or 12 km distances.
- One 21 km with open start available on Saturday.
- Want the challenge of a longer walk?
Combine walks for 21, 32 or 42 km distances.
- If you collect Volkssport credits you will
get credit for each walk.
walks begin and end at the Greek Community Centre.
- Walks available with open starts all three days and group walks each
day with one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- The popular swim event is offered again this year on Saturday & Sunday
again, lots of great prizes. 20 tickets included in your
registration package to put in the prize boxes of your choice.
- Complimentary coffee available all day. Goodies, cookies etc 8:00 until 10:00 am.
- Lunch, snacks, beer & wine available for purchase from 11:00 onward.
- Meet & Greet on Friday with tasty variety of Greek snacks (included in registration fee).
Saturday night will be the very popular Greek buffet with delicious
pasta, meats salads, vegetables & dessert. Sells out at each
- Cash bar available both nights.
will be a pre Festival walk on Thursday evening along the Victoria waterfront
starting from a downtown location. (Location to be confirmed)
- After the Festival, there will be a post Festival six days of walking on
Vancouver Island. 'Coast to Coast'
- Walks begin Monday morning with a walk on the trails through
the Hatley Park National Historic site and along the waterfront of Esquimalt
Lagoon. Walks will continue up Island in
Chemainus, Westwood Lake/Morrell Nature Sanctuary, Little Qualicum Falls, Cathedral Grove, Ucluelet,
Tofino, Qualicum Beach, Parksville and ending in Nanaimo on Saturday, May 11th.
- Join us for all the walks or one or
two. No advance registration required.
year in our efforts to be more environmentally aware, we will not be supplying
single use disposable bottles of water.
We will instead have water coolers available to fill your own
bottles. Please remember to bring a
to the Festival:
the last two Festivals we have not had to increase our fees. Unfortunately due
to rising costs, the Greek Community Centre has had to increase their
prices. For us to continue to put on the
Festival, we have had to increase our fees accordingly. We hope you will
continue to support us and join us for a great fun filled weekend.
We look forward to seeing you all in May, 2019
| FUN, FITNESS, FRIENDSHIP & FOOD!! |
Mail-in and online Registration is now open.