VICTORIA PHOENIX WALKING FESTIVALVictoria, British Columbia, Canada
May 3 - 5, 2019
GREEK COMMUNITY CENTRE
4648 Elk Lake Drive, Victoria BC V8Z 5M1
opens at 8:00 am Friday and closes at 4:00 pm on Sunday
What is happening!
- Seven walks will be available
every day with 5, 6, 10, 11 or 12 km distances.
- One 21 km with open start available on Saturday.
- Want the challenge of a longer walk?
Combine walks for 21, 32 or 42 km distances.
- If you collect Volkssport credits you will
get credit for each walk.
walks begin and end at the Greek Community Centre.
- Walks available with open starts all three days and group walks each
day with one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- The popular swim event is offered again this year on Saturday & Sunday
again, lots of great prizes. 20 tickets included in your
registration package to put in the prize boxes of your choice.
- Complimentary coffee available all day. Goodies, cookies etc 8:00 until 10:00 am.
- Lunch, snacks, beer & wine available for purchase from 11:00 onward.
- Meet & Greet on Friday with tasty variety of Greek snacks (included in registration fee).
Saturday night will be the very popular Greek buffet with delicious
pasta, meats salads, vegetables & dessert. Sells out at each
- Cash bar available both nights.
evening there will be a walk from Crystal Pool, 2275 Quadra St at 6:00. Registration will open at 5:00. The walk will take you through Beacon Hill
Park, along the waterfront and Victoria Harbour and China Town. There is pay parking across from the pool in
the Save On Foods Arena parking lot and some street parking in the area. Walkers staying in the downtown area who
would like to walk to the start point, you can start and end your walk in the
small park between the Legislature Buildings and the Grand Pacific Hotel. Watch for walk leaders with signs.
The group will leave the park at 4:45 and walk to the start point where
you can register and join the rest of the
group starting at 6:00. For those who
stamp books, this will be done when you register.
- After the Festival, there will be a post Festival six days of walking on
Vancouver Island. 'Coast to Coast'
- Walks begin Monday morning with a walk on the trails through
the Hatley Park National Historic site and along the waterfront of Esquimalt
Lagoon. Walks will continue up Island in
Chemainus, Westwood Lake/Morrell Nature Sanctuary, Little Qualicum Falls, Cathedral Grove, Ucluelet,
Tofino, Qualicum Beach, Parksville and ending in Nanaimo on Saturday, May 11th.
- Join us for all the walks or one or
two. No advance registration required.
to the Festival:
year in our efforts to be more environmentally aware, we will not be supplying
single use disposable bottles of water.
We will instead have water coolers available to fill your own
bottles. Please remember to bring a
We look forward to seeing you all in May, 2019
| FUN, FITNESS, FRIENDSHIP & FOOD!! |
Mail-in and online Registration is now open.